Re: [IPk] Honeymoon Period

>With the honeymoon period, I wanted to see if we could work out
>whether he was in it, what would be the best thing to do etc
>before consulting the hospital. In the back of my mind I thought
>I had heard of a link between total insulin intake per day with
>weight. ie a unit per kilo measure. In my original e-mail, I
>clearly didn't explain this too well.

Hi Maggie -

I haven't followed this thread in detail, but yes: there is a test to
see if you are producing your own insulin. It's called a C-peptide
test. C-peptides are a "by-product" of the body's own insulin
production, which you don't get if the insulin is injected. I'm sure
your hospital would arrange one if they felt it necessary to know.
Useful to check if it is Type 2 diabetes in children (previously very
rare, but increasingly common now) or Type 1 diabetes in older adults
(again formerly rare, but now more common).

All the best -

mailto:email @ redacted