RE: [IPk] Airport security - revisited

John,

That all sounds very interesting.  Glad you had a trouble free trip though.

We have bravely (after our last 2 holiday pump problems) booked a trip to
Reykjavik early next year.  Has anyone any experience to offer, especially
about security at Heathrow Terminal One?  My last trip was a business trip a
year ago from London City and it felt like the Spanish Inquisition - I didn't
even have any diabetic supplies on me as Sam was at home.

Best wishes.

Andrew
Father of Sam, aged 9, dx 7+ yrs
Pumping 2+ years (Paradigm 6 mths)

>===== Original Message From email @ redacted =====
> Flew to England yesterday, from Zurich. CrossAir flight (subsidiary of
SwissAir
>- or whatever they call themselves now). Regarding pump and airport security,
>have almost nothing to report. As usual I paid almost no attention to my pump
at
>all - when you have a wife and two small children and cases packed with
>Christmas presents your priorities do shift! I'm in England for a week
>(travelling back on Christmas day of all days...). I had packed all my pump
>stuff - handful of infusion sets, 2 reservoirs, 2 bottles of Humalog, and a
box
>of test strips (enough for a 100 tests) in my leather brief case thing. That
was
>duly passed through the scanning machine. I was then politely drawn aside and
>asked to open my bag. What they were interested in (of course!) was my brand
new
>laptop (Mac PowerBook G4). Once that was out they passed the bag through the
>machine again, and everything was OK. But they had to check the laptop. The
lady
>went off and returned with what looked like a haird!
>  ryer! And proceeded to run the hairdryer meticulously over the keyboard.
She