RE: [IPk] Airport security - revisited

That all sounds very interesting.  Glad you had a trouble free trip though.

We have bravely (after our last 2 holiday pump problems) booked a trip to
Reykjavik early next year.  Has anyone any experience to offer, especially
about security at Heathrow Terminal One?  My last trip was a business trip a
year ago from London City and it felt like the Spanish Inquisition - I didn't
even have any diabetic supplies on me as Sam was at home.

Best wishes.

Father of Sam, aged 9, dx 7+ yrs
Pumping 2+ years (Paradigm 6 mths)

>===== Original Message From email @ redacted =====
> Flew to England yesterday, from Zurich. CrossAir flight (subsidiary of
>- or whatever they call themselves now). Regarding pump and airport security,
>have almost nothing to report. As usual I paid almost no attention to my pump
>all - when you have a wife and two small children and cases packed with
>Christmas presents your priorities do shift! I'm in England for a week
>(travelling back on Christmas day of all days...). I had packed all my pump
>stuff - handful of infusion sets, 2 reservoirs, 2 bottles of Humalog, and a
>of test strips (enough for a 100 tests) in my leather brief case thing. That
>duly passed through the scanning machine. I was then politely drawn aside and
>asked to open my bag. What they were interested in (of course!) was my brand
>laptop (Mac PowerBook G4). Once that was out they passed the bag through the
>machine again, and everything was OK. But they had to check the laptop. The
>went off and returned with what looked like a haird!
>  ryer! And proceeded to run the hairdryer meticulously over the keyboard.
>took a piece of paper out of the hairdryer, took it into a back room, and
>returned a few minutes later to confirm everything was OK, and I could take
>laptop on board the plane. Never seen this done before. Curious.
> Oh, and when I reached Manchester airport, my BG was 16.1. I'd bolused very
>little on flight. But I'd rather arrive high than hypo, which is my usual
>experience. CrossAir used to do delicious food on these flights, but since
>SwissAir debacle they seem to have cut back, and they were now just selling
>(yes! selling...) drinks from the trolley. Does this represent progress? Not

 The webmaster's 1st choice for Windows 2003 Hosting