RE: [IPk] pregnancy and dm

 I think what is really frustrating is that the blame for these blips (which
will always happen with dm) always falls on our shoulders. Anything could have
caused the high bg that showed up at the worst time: 1) not enough bolus, either
due to miscalc the carbs or overestimating the effect of exercise 2) decreased
insulin sensitivity; 3) pump malfunction or 4) the stress of wondering if the
little baby is OK (my bp was a bit high too but I could tell I was stressed and
the last one in the d-clinic a week earlier was fine). There are probably a
million other factors that caused it to go high.

 Isn't it called white coat hypertension? Your blood pressure surges whenever
you are confronted by a doctor... White coat hyperglycaemia: that's another
possibility :-)

 Carmel - yes, I'd heard that as well. Women without diabetes can shed glucose
in their urine without their being ill. And protein as well. Very confusing if
you are trying to spot badly controlled diabetes as well. That's where the HbA1c
is so useful. So good on you, Ingrid :-)

I just hope I am not turning into a neurotic worry-wart mother (to-be...)!!!!

 I used to love wandering around BabyGaps during my wife's 2 pregancies. Very