Re: [IPk] Honeymoon Period

With the honeymoon period, I wanted to see if we could work out
whether he was in it, what would be the best thing to do etc
before consulting the hospital. In the back of my mind I thought
I had heard of a link between total insulin intake per day with
weight. ie a unit per kilo measure. In my original e-mail, I
clearly didn't explain this too well.

Hi Maggie -

 I haven't followed this thread in detail, but yes: there is a test to see if
you are producing your own insulin. It's called a C-peptide test. C-peptides are
a "by-product" of the body's own insulin production, which you don't get if the
insulin is injected. I'm sure your hospital would arrange one if they felt it
necessary to know. Useful to check if it is Type 2 diabetes in children
(previously very rare, but increasingly common now) or Type 1 diabetes in older
adults (again formerly rare, but now more common).

All the best -