[IPk] Airport security - revisited

 Flew to England yesterday, from Zurich. CrossAir flight (subsidiary of SwissAir
- or whatever they call themselves now). Regarding pump and airport security, I
have almost nothing to report. As usual I paid almost no attention to my pump at
all - when you have a wife and two small children and cases packed with
Christmas presents your priorities do shift! I'm in England for a week
(travelling back on Christmas day of all days...). I had packed all my pump
stuff - handful of infusion sets, 2 reservoirs, 2 bottles of Humalog, and a box
of test strips (enough for a 100 tests) in my leather brief case thing. That was
duly passed through the scanning machine. I was then politely drawn aside and
asked to open my bag. What they were interested in (of course!) was my brand new
laptop (Mac PowerBook G4). Once that was out they passed the bag through the
machine again, and everything was OK. But they had to check the laptop. The lady
went off and returned with what looked like a haird!
  ryer! And proceeded to run the hairdryer meticulously over the keyboard. She
took a piece of paper out of the hairdryer, took it into a back room, and
returned a few minutes later to confirm everything was OK, and I could take my
laptop on board the plane. Never seen this done before. Curious.

 Oh, and when I reached Manchester airport, my BG was 16.1. I'd bolused very
little on flight. But I'd rather arrive high than hypo, which is my usual
experience. CrossAir used to do delicious food on these flights, but since the
SwissAir debacle they seem to have cut back, and they were now just selling
(yes! selling...) drinks from the trolley. Does this represent progress? Not