RE: [IPk] pregnancy and dm

Thanks Fiona,

I think what is really frustrating is that the blame for these blips (which
will always happen with dm) always falls on our shoulders.  Anything could
have caused the high bg that showed up at the worst time:  1) not enough
bolus, either due to miscalc the carbs or overestimating the effect of
exercise  2)  decreased insulin sensitivity; 3) pump malfunction or 4) the
stress of wondering if the little baby is OK (my bp was a bit high too but I
could tell I was stressed and the last one in the d-clinic a week earlier
was fine).  There are probably a million other factors that caused it to go

At least she got me back on the straight and narrow to try hard to keep
things tight....

I don't think I am really "enjoying" the pregnancy because there is so much
to worry about...and so much of it is in my hands so I can't help but
constantly wonder what is going to happen at the end. I am also still really
superstitious and don't like talking about names, and the other day I was
tempted to go into Baby Gap to look at the so cute baby clothers but I think
that is bad luck at this stage.

I just hope I am not turning into a neurotic worry-wart mother