RE: [IPk] FW: blood glucose testing in the classroom

 This is all very worrying for you and distressing for Amy. Have you spoken to
Amy's diabetes nurse and
 asked them to have a word with the school. At least if she/he makes it clear
that current guidelines
 from DUK state that a child should not be sent off to check her blood glucose
when there is a possibility
 that she could collapse on the way and that she should always be accompanied by
a responsible adult. The
 meter and/or something to treat a hypo should be brought to Amy. Maybe when the
teacher has had to leave
 the class a few times they will realise just how silly they are behaving about
not letting Amy test in
 class. What do the school imagine they are going to do if Amy goes on a school
trip and needs to test
 her BG on a coach are they going to stop the coach and make her get off? I hope
you get something sorted
out soon.