Re: [IPk] lack of knowledge was chemo update

Hi Ingrid,

Can you call someone on your diabetes team tomorrow, and ask for an
appointment asap.  Explain that you have been upset by someone in the
pregnancy team, and want to change hospitals to one more experienced
with diabetic patients.

Best wishes,

In message <email @ redacted>, Ingrid Morrow
<email @ redacted> writes
>Well I am going to have my own whinge now.  I am 16 weeks pregnant, and my
>last hba1c was 5.7%.  Everyone in the diabetes clinic at Kings thinks I am
>doing well, if anything running my levels too low.
>Today all that changed by one know-it-all consultant (not even part of the d
>team but of the p-team) on the basis of one urine test after breakfast.  Yes
>it came back positive.  Then the interrogation started about how important
>it is to keep levels under control (as if I don't know....and after her
>being told my last HbA1c...) and how high levels cause problems for the baby
>(oh really?) and how it will now definitely have to come early.  Talk about
>making someone feel down about themselves and even the baby!!!!
>On the way home I looked at my levels, and while I acknowledge my levels
>aren't perfect, these "highs" are one-off and there is no pattern too them.
>If there was, sure I would change my basals, up my boluses....
>But now I am just confused, really really  really upset, and I don't know if
>I want to be pregnant anymore because it is all doomed....
>It's fast, it's easy and it's free. Get MSN Messenger today!
>contact: HELP@insulin-pumpers.org

Pat Reynolds
email @ redacted
   "It might look a bit messy now,
                    but just you come back in 500 years time"
   (T. Pratchett)