Re: [IPk] lack of knowledge was chemo update

Well I am going to have my own whinge now.  I am 16 weeks pregnant, and my
last hba1c was 5.7%.  Everyone in the diabetes clinic at Kings thinks I am
doing well, if anything running my levels too low.

Today all that changed by one know-it-all consultant (not even part of the d
team but of the p-team) on the basis of one urine test after breakfast.  Yes
it came back positive.  Then the interrogation started about how important
it is to keep levels under control (as if I don't know....and after her
being told my last HbA1c...) and how high levels cause problems for the baby
(oh really?) and how it will now definitely have to come early.  Talk about
making someone feel down about themselves and even the baby!!!!

On the way home I looked at my levels, and while I acknowledge my levels
aren't perfect, these "highs" are one-off and there is no pattern too them.
If there was, sure I would change my basals, up my boluses....

But now I am just confused, really really  really upset, and I don't know if
I want to be pregnant anymore because it is all doomed....