[IPk] Honeymoon Period

Dear IP group,
I've heard a lot about the honeymoon period but don't know
whether Jamie has been through it or not. Can someone help advise
He was diagnosed the 22nd September and has been pumping since
the 26th September. He is 11 years old.
When he left hospital he weighed 36kg and was taking 32units
approx humulog. 3 months later he weighs 42kg and takes about 30
units but with more frequent hypos.
Fortunately he has good hypo awareness - spots them at a BG of
about 4.2  and we have reduced basals by about 0.5 a day in total
and dropped 1 unit off breakfast and 0.5 unit off lunch (in
discussion with the hospital).
He is becoming increasingly worried that he is going to have
more hypos because of the honeymoon period but we don't know
whether he is in it or not or has gone through it. Help!

Maggie mum to Jamie dx 22/9/03, pumping ever since (D-Tron plus)