Re: [IPk] new to the pump

Sam has always been fine for removing cannulas & won't let anyone else do it.

 He has no fatty areas to speak of & we have never used his tummy, having been
advised not to. We use Silhouettes, inserting manually in the upper outside
quarter of the buttock area, pretty much as Heather described for her Sam.

 I wouldn't recommend trying Silhouettes manually unless you have someone to
show you how to do it. It is a bit tricky and if both of you are nervous, the
first attempt might put you off. In our case, our pump company DSN did the first
one, so we had an example to follow.

Please get in touch off list if you'd like to go into more detail.

Father of Sam, aged 9, dx 7+ yrs
Pumping 2+ yrs