Re: [IPk] Are these BGs normal

In message <email @ redacted>, Steve Hargreaves
<email @ redacted> writes
>However, if I test between 30 mins - 1 hour of eating, my BGs can soar to 12 -
>15 mmol, but come back down again after another hour.
>Is this normal, or should I be aiming for something else. I don't feel any ill
>effects, and can only assume that this is because the sugar in my food is
>absorbed before the corresponding Bolus.

Don't worry about any results you get up to 2 hrs after eating - they
can be inaccurately high (i.e. worry if you are getting lows, but not
about highs). If you test for ketones you should pick up any failing

(dm 30+, 508 2+)
Pat Reynolds
email @ redacted
   "It might look a bit messy now,
                    but just you come back in 500 years time"
   (T. Pratchett)