[IPk] Re: Day 1

>As for the clicking - yeah - got that, but I'll get used to it :o)

Well, after 6 years, I *haven't* got used to the clicking. I still
resent it. I mean, what right to MiniMed have to supply the market
with a product that could run silently, but doesn't: at a quiet
dinner table it merrily clicks away, announcing to all assembled that
"something" is happening.

I remember once I was doing a choral society concert in Britain, and
between afternoon rehearsal and evening performance I was "fed" at
the house of the choral society secretary. I declined to bolus at the
table, and had to bolus after dinner instead, because for
professional reasons I didn't wish to tell them I had a chronic
illness. Doesn't get you far in the cut-throat world of the singing

Had several replacement pumps over the years, and they all click. The
508 even louder than the 507. Disetronic pumps are essentially
silent. Thought of changing to one earlier this year, but for other
more complex reasons I didn't.