[IPk] Re: New to pump, removal of sets & Silhouettes

For a long time I used cotton wool with baby oil & found it very successful.
It was also good at removing the adhesive residue on the skin. Sam assures
me that he doesn't feel the cannula coming out at all - he's far more
bothered about the sticky patch! I dabbed the area then pulled - much as
you'd remove any plaster. He's rather used to it now and mainly I just pull
it off.
With the Silhouettes - I never plucked up enough 'courage' to use Sam's
abdomen. Sam didn't 'allow' me to even try. However, we successfully used
the top of his thighs, top of his bottom and that small fat pad just behind
the hip bones. He was quite able to twist and disconnect when the sets were
behind him. We work on him relaxing so that he doesn't suddenly tense up and
produce a nice firm muscle to hit - only then does he complain of any
discomfort. We're now using the Quicksets and since the post about tissue
trauma. I've manually inserted 3 sets, 2 of which have been unsuccessful - 1
didn't even piece the skin and the other on removal had a 90 degree bend in
it. Back to the egg cup for now.

Sam's mum. Sam is 6, diagnosed at 1, using a pump for 17mths. Using