[IPk] new to the pump

 Having only had the pump for 3 days for my son (who is still only on saline)
and having administered the first change this afternoon, we need some help on
two points. Admittedly I am all fingers and thumbs with the sets at the moment,
but :-

 1. Is there anything we can put on the plaster to help remove it. I was scared
to pull too hard in case I ripped out the canula but found it really difficult
to release enough of the plaster to pull gently.

 2. Is there anyone of a similar age to my son (10 years) who is using the
silhouette set to get the needle into the skin. Robert at the moment prefers me
to do it "manually", but has so little fat around his middle that I am finding
it very hard to pierce the skin with the needle and then to push it in. I would
like to try the silhouette but he is very reluctant and would prefer to be in
control. Any clues. Any advice. Please help. We have until Tuesday / Wednesday
to find way of reassuring Rob that it will be quick and will not hurt!!