[IPk] Back again, and thanks

Hi all,

Catching up with several hundred emails and will get back onto current mails
in the next few days. I must say another 'thank you' to those who gave advice
on crossing time zones. I tried the tip about setting pump for night basals
 when I slept during the flight and the following 'night', worked fine, ...and
jet lag either.

For would-be travellers: I had no problems whatsoever in Australia with the
pump over eight flights. Several times I was asked to remove my 'pager' but
once informed, staff appeared to understand what a pump was and that was that.
The pump did set the alarms off in Singapore, but again no problems. I didn't
 need the doctor's letter I carried with me, although I would recommend carrying
one...because the fellow in front of us, also diabetic, was asked how many
 needles he was carrying (they wanted exact numbers!) and needed his letter... I
wasn't allowed to scuba dive at the Barrier Reef - a 'yes' answer to 'diabetes
type 1?' on the questionnaire and you get a blanket NO, no discussion
 possible. Told I should have lied, I find that hard but I was also told that if
went in a smaller group I would probably be able to do it. Strangely enough no
problems with hot air ballooning or climbing Sydney Harbour Bridge.

OK, I'm boasting a bit, but only because I'm so happy about what I've been
 able to do with a pump - pre-pump I would never have been able to even
thoughts of doing such wonderful things.

Back to reality soon,

IDDM 30+ yrs, 508 3 yrs