[IPk] sleeping with the pump

I find it easiest just to disconnect for a couple of minutes if I get out of
bed in the night, leave the pump in the bed and reconnect when I get back in.
Especially as my boyfriend has a "cabin bed" (above a desk, with a ladder).
Otherwise I have to put the pump in my teeth while climbing up and down the

My boyfriend tells me I should give my pump a name, since it's attached to me
24hours a day. He currently refers to it as my "portable pancreas" in the
absence of a name. I always thought that was a bit sad (like naming your car)
but maybe I should (I know some people do name their pumps). What do other
people call their pumps? I think my pump would definitely have to be male....