[IPk] Testing in School

Sorry, as I responded to Jos, I fear my comments have been misunderstood!
I was trying to point out the weakness in the excuses that appear to be
offered by schools.
It must be obvious that any child with diabetes should be encouraged to
manage their condition themselves at the earliest possible opportunity, and
if this means testing in class - so be it. I am sure we could start a
wonderful line of stories under the heading of the weirdest place I ever
tested. On my recent trip to China, we did a four hour train journey from
Shanghai to Nanjing and testing was not a problem! All it needs is a little
bit of discretion (unless you are looking for one of Melissa's educational
moments!) and the testing kits are now so small, that is not difficult. The
first "portable" testing machine I was given by Guys in 1981 when I started
pumping, was only a little smaller than the IBM Thinkpad laptop that is
transmitting this message - and you had to "stab" yourself!
As I said before, all the parents on this list have my unstinting

Ian Grant