Re: [IPk] Withdrawl of funding?? Advice Needed.

I haven't had this - but I have records going back for years which show
that my pre-pump control could and would differ from month to month.  It
would be very easy for me to show that while one on-pump hba1c was,
indeed, higher than a number of pre-pump hba1cs, the average was down:
in other words, yes, this one _is_ high, but without a pump it would
have been still higher.

The fact that this clinic doesn't understand this, and, worse, doesn't
seem to be asking _why_ it's higher (underlying, untreated infection?
stress at work? a new drug?).

Best wishes,

(dm 30+, 508 2+)

In message <email @ redacted>,
email @ redacted writes
 > I went for my diabetes check up today. Unfortunately the normal consultant
>not there today. I saw his SHO instead. My hba1 was 8.1!!!! normally over the
 >past year or so they have been between 6.1 and 7.5. He made the suggestion
 >I should come off the pump and also if I refused, funding may well be
 >by my PCT, who, might I just add, were very much against funding me in the
> I spoke to a diabestes nurse later in the day who informed me that on this
>occassion it should be ok, but it is expected that it should be down in three
>months. If not it will have to be looked at again by the PCT.
>Has anyone else experienced this?
>contact: HELP@insulin-pumpers.org

Pat Reynolds
email @ redacted
   "It might look a bit messy now,
                    but just you come back in 500 years time"
   (T. Pratchett)