Re: [IPk] Using inserters - US policy?

Pumpers and Friends,

 Using inserters - US policy?

This a YMMV type of thing... the use of a inserters is just another type of
tool to help the pumper do the things they need to do.
> I reads the mails about the nurse in the US not advising the use of
>  inserters.
>Just to add that a friend in the US has a 9YO who has just started
> pumping and she was told by the diabetes team there not to use an inserter
at all as
> they believe they cause tissue damage. She was amazed I was using one as
> knows a few other pumpers over there and they have all been told not to.

A great many kids use them... at diabetic camp I work with... some/most
doctors would like the kids to learn to not use them as it one more
thing"tool" they must think about.

When new pumpers is trained at my centre in the USA ... they are shown
inserters and how they work... put you must show that you can insert by hand

> As pumping in the US has been going on a lot longer than here, is there
> somerthing we are missing?
> Helen

As is many thing with being a insulin pumpers... Remember the Rule "YMMV"
for all things.

                                             REMEMBER TO SMILE AND BE HAPPY