Re: [IPk] Sets/Schools

On 11 Dec 2003 at 12:28, Ian Grant wrote:

> Sorry if I appeared to be making an excuse for the schools. I wasn't!

That's OK Ian, I didn't think you were, sorry if my reply
gave that impression <g>. I just couldn't see why making
children go along to medical rooms is better than letting
them test in the classroom from the litigation point of
view. Maybe the school/teacher doesn't fully understand the
possible consequences if the child has a sever hypo? If
they understood and realised that litigation might be less
likely if the child could test in the classroom they might
change their policy?

Best wishes,
Mum to Emily aged 11, dx Oct '99
D-Tron Plus pump since 27th Oct,
Robert aged 13 dx Mar '03
Novomix 30 x 2 (+ Novorapid when hungry!),
and Matthew aged 8.