Re: [IPk] Using inserters - US policy?

On 11 Dec 2003 at 21:34, Tori wrote:

> I can see why. I may not have caused
> tissue trauma with the Tenders, but certainly caused mental distress and
> required a very long time to insert the damn thing and recover (a full
> adrenal reaction, shakes, sweats etc - but HIGH BGs cos it had taken me so
> long to pluck up my courage!).

Emily really struggled with the Tenders and took ages over
inserting them getting quite upset in the process.

> It sounds as if with all your traumas you may have to try Rapids or bent
> needle sets. They don't tend to last as long as others - but with your
> track record they may do well! - but you can control the depth and you
> will know almost instantly if something is awry with them.

I can second the recommendation of the Rapids, or at least
DD can! The 6mm, 90 degree metal needles look very like the
5mm Ultrafine pen needles she used to use and she doesn't
have to think about inserting them, they are so easy. There
are no worries about kinked cannulas either. She does need
to make sure that she tapes the line down at night or they
can get pulled out but she hasn't had any major problems
since taping them.

I do hope you manage to find something that works for you
soon Helen,

best wishes,
Mum to Emily aged 11, dx Oct '99
D-Tron Plus pump since 27th Oct,
Robert aged 13 dx Mar '03
Novomix 30 x 2 (+ Novorapid when hungry!),
and Matthew aged 8.