RE: [IPk] Re: Morning hypo

> I am convinced there's only one solution for your BG problems - employ a
>live-in nanny!! ;-))

Thanks for the clinical advice, Lesley ;-) All I've got to do is find a
doctor who will write me a prescription for a nanny...

Actually we did look into getting a nanny about 2 years ago... except they
are called au pairs. Surprisingly affordable in fact - you just provide
free board and lodgings and bit of pocket money, and the au pair (from
another country) gets to learn a foreign language (English in Britain,
German in Germany etc). Except we are an English-speaking household in
Germany, so we couldn't really fit in to the system.

These days a lot of people use grandparents as childcare assistants (call
'em what you like). My 2 sisters certainly do. But having moved abroad,
that option's not really open to us - although we did use my parents last
summer. Complex situation: we had relocated to Bayreuth for the summer
where my wife was singing in the chorus at the big Wagner festival they
have there. I was asked at short notice to be an oratorio soloist at a big
Mozart festival elsewhere in Germany, and as fate would have it, my wife
had an opera performance at Zurich opera that day (and had an official
'release' from the Wagner festival). We needed a baby sitter. But Nicholas
was 4 months old, and we didn't feel easy about dumping a breast feeding
baby in the arms of a stranger. My parents agreed to pop out and see us and
babysit. Thank goodness for these cheap RyanAir/EasyJet flights.

mailto:email @ redacted