[IPk] Using inserters - US policy?

Sorry, just catching up on orther threads...
I reads the mails about the nurse in the US not advising the use of
 inserters. Just to add that a friend in the US has a 9YO who has just started
and she was told by the diabetes team there not to use an inserter at all as
they believe they cause tissue damage. She was amazed I was using one as she
knows a few other pumpers over there and they have all been told not to.
As pumping in the US has been going on a lot longer than here, is there
somerthing we are missing?