Re: [IPk] Testing in Class/Set Problems/Xmas Drinks

On 10 Dec 2003 at 17:11, Ian Grant wrote:

> I fear the problem here is the current Government's phobia re litigation. In
> spite of written promises by parents not to sue, if something goes wrong the
> school inevitably does get sued. Hence the unwillingness to take any
> responsibility.

But isn't the teacher responsible for sending the child
with diabetes (under supervision of a fellow pupil only) to
another part of the school in order to test? If the child
fell down stairs during a hypoglycaemic convulsion, why
couldn't the teacher be sued? I don't see why allowing a
child to test in the classroom (much safer to my mind) is
worse from the point of view of litigation.

Best wishes,

Mum to Emily aged 11, dx Oct '99
D-Tron Plus pump since 27th Oct,
Robert aged 13 dx Mar '03
Novomix 30 x 2 (+ Novorapid when hungry!),
and Matthew aged 8.