Re: [IPk] Re: A few days on a pump

email @ redacted writes:

> I am a primary teacher and am very interested in how supportive Ryan's
> school have been/will be about him pumping at school. I hope they are being
> helpful and want to know how it all works. In the meantime, good luck.

Hi Kate and Liz and everyone

Ryan's doing really well and is enjoying the fact that for the first time
 that he can even rememeber he's not had any injections, he's happily going
with extra tests as he doesn't mind these. He did not want all his lunch today
so just worked out his bolus on what he ate instaed of force feeding him and
he didn't have his snack until about 3.15 by 2.30 he would of been hypo
 normally. Not done any correction bolus's yet and he's had 2 mild hypos
(3.6mmol and

He's had yesterday and today off school but he's back tomorrow with me as a
temporary classroom assistant! The work in our office is suffering but Ryan
comes first. Our DSN has typed up some school guidelines so if you don't mind
 Kate I'll forward them to you to see what you think. Ryan's classmates think
reallly cool and are really interested in his pump. School seem nervous more
than anything but they know I work about 5 minutes down the road so help is
 there. I took a quickset in and that made them feel alot better as they thought
he'd have some monstrous device in his tummy.

Feeling very tired and we're up again tonight but it will be worth it to get
the basal rates right & eventually get a good nights sleep.... can't wait for
my 1st proper lie in

Bye for now

Denise mum to Ryan age 7 dxd @ 9 mnths old pumping since yesterday!