[IPk] school problems

Hi Paul and Sam

We sympathize with you, when Libby our 8 year old was in school she
tested a lot.  She had no set pattern for highs or lows.  We did find out
that another child was taking her to have her bloods done - this didn't
please us, however the school saw our side when she sat outside a
classroom feeling ill waiting for her kit and fell into a sever hypo and
passed out.(ambulance, IC at the kids hospital followed)  From then on
she was allowed her kit in her desk or at the teachers desk and she
tested herself when she felt it was needed.  If they are being funny
about the kit how will they handle a pump?  I think writing to MPs and
governers and local bbc radio stations to get the their opinions about
the situation helps.  However welcome to the discrimination of the human
with a wonky pancreas.  As Libby said if her leg didn't work no-one could
discriminate against her because she has a invisable problem everyone

Do not get disheartened about the school, sooner or later things have got
to change.  Hopefully it wont be long.

Kayleigh Grace

PS have tried to call, got answer machine - will call again, haven't
forgotten just been at work - thinking of taking my duvet and pillow with

Half price modem, FREE connection and one month FREE - click here to sign
up to BT Broadband.