Re: [IPk] Set problems - had enough!

It sounds as if maybe your husband is just a bit freaked out by the whole pump
issue, and his way of dealing with it is to ignore it (and you). My dad has
this kind of mentality - when I started losing my sight he felt guilty and
couldn't accept it, so he would refuse to admit I had a problem, wouldn't help
me even when I asked for help, and was quite nasty to me when I said that I
couldn't do something because I couldn't see well enough, for example. It took
a while before he came round to it, and it took me a long time to realise that
 he wasn't being sdeliberately nasty, just that it was his way of dealing with
I'm lucky in that my boyfriend has been very accepting of the pump, but i
think it freaked him out a bit at first too. He was quite scared of touching
me in case he knocked it or hurt me or got tangled up or whatever, but he
gradually got used to it and now doesn't bat an eyelid (though he doesn't like
to watch me changing the set because he's terrified of needles!). We laugh
about it when it gets in the way in bed, or one of us gets tangled up, or
whatever. You probably just need to give your husband some time to get used to
it gradually, don't try to force the issue. Just try to let him see that it's
not scary and that it doesn't make you a different person or an alien because
you're attached to something, and that it needn't get in the way of anything.

Good luck and keep persevering