Re: [IPk] Set problems - had enough!

>Sorry to moan.

Not at all Helen. This is what this group is for :-)

I've not waded in yet on this subject - just been reading and nodding. I
thought I had infusion set trouble, but you have it far worse than I do!
Long acting insulin is often the problem on MDI. Infusion sets are often
the problem on pump therapy.

There is a solution used in Germany. If it's available in Britain I do not
know. It's called the DiaPort. There's a chapter about it in a German
language pump-therapy book I've got called "Pumpentherapie: Handbuch f|r
Anwender und ihre Berater" by Gina Lohm|ller. There are plenty of people
who cannot absorb insulin reliably through their fat for various reasons
(thank goodness most of us can). The DiaPort is a semi-permanent infusion
set which is changed about every 3 months I think and changed by a doctor.
The insulin bypasses the fat, and goes almost directly into circulation. I
believe it's a Disetronic product.

Do ask your diabetes team about it...

mailto:email @ redacted