[IPk] Re: A few days on a pump

> Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2003 11:36:12 EST
> From: email @ redacted
> Subject: [IPk] Just started
>
> Hi Kate
>
> Just thought I'd let you know, my son Ryan has started pumping with
insulin
>  this morning so about 6 hours ago. Hope things go Ok for you we're up
every two
> hours tonight I can't wait for that!!
>
> Bye for now
>
> Denise mum to Ryan age 7 dxd @ 9 months old pumping since 11 o'clock this
> morning!
> contact: HELP@insulin-pumpers.org

Denise,
I hope things are going well for Ryan. I spoke to my DSN this morning and
she was pleased with my results, but said that its possible that old insulin
can stay in your body for up to a week so, everything may change next week!
I have also been doing 2 - 3 hourly tests during the night so I can't wait
for a full and undisturbed nights sleep!

I am a primary teacher and am very interested in how supportive Ryan's
school have been/will be about him pumping at school. I hope they are being
helpful and want to know how it all works. In the meantime, good luck.

Kate age 27 dxd @ 15 months old, pumping since Monday am.