[IPk] Set problems - had enough!

Well, I've just read the mails on the sets and it does seem as though others
have had similar problems and maybe overcome them, but...
Over the past three days I have gone through no less than 10 sets of varying
types! I have been pumping since the end of November and in that time have had
only maybe three sets that have worked, and only two which have lasted around
three days. When the pump works, it works fine and my control is amazing
 compared to the erratic horrendous control before on glargine and MDI. But when
the sets fail, which is often, my BG's are shooting up into the 20's within an
hour of the set stopping working (I test every hour or more) and this seems to
be happening every day now.
I've had some more samples sent from Medtronic and had some advice from
 people on here and from Medtronic themselves, which was very much appreciated.
tried various things people had suggested, such as manually inserting sets and
changing site areas. My problems seem to be that I seem to hit muscle (didn't
think I had any) each time, no matter what length the needle or the angle it's
inserted. Also, with the frozen shoulder, I cannot bend around to insert
 easily into anywhere behind me. I am fairly slim and have little spare fat.
When I
used MDI I had to use the 5mm needles and even then, had many buises and
problems with absorbtion. I'm not over skinny by any way and am in the healthy
range, but seem to be thin skinned!
I've tried two Silhouettes in my upper buttock area. The first worked OK, but
after a day got caught on my jeans and began to bleed. So, had to remove that
yesterday am. Was in a rush so had to insert a Quickset and used area of
 abdomen I have used before (or thereabouts) but after a course all morning
BG's stayed OK) and out for Christmas lunch, my BG's shot up again. Blood in
cannula. Removed and a wave of blood shot out again, taking about 5 minutes to
slow down. Made me feel awful. Massive and painful bruising again. Managed
 after another few goes to insert S manually in hip/buttock area. That worked
until this morning when my BG's shot up again and after much wriggling around
to see in the mirror noticed the cannula had come out a little and was bent
over. Received some more Quicksets so tried them again, first bled into set
(hip) second is in stomach but not exactly comfortable. I did this manually.
Now, I am basically fed up with this. I was desperate to pump and was the
first person in my PCT to be funded, so was basically a guinea pig. I am still
desperate to pump, but cannot cope with this set problem. I never anticipated
 this. I am in tears and shaking plus feeling lousy from the high BG's each
It's also a full time job as it's taking most of each day to just get a set
in properly and for it to work. I am getting no support from my family. My
 parents were queasy at the thought of the pump and were sceptical it would
work. I
was determined to show them it would. My husband is basically ignoring the
whole issue. He came with me to the first pump set up meeting but has shown no
interest whatsoever since then and when I talked to him today, or tried to, he
just told me he wanted nothing to do with it. To be quite honest, I think the
whole thing puts him off. Let's just say he hasn't been near me since I
 started pumping and if I try and discuss it with him he changes the subject!
told him, rather bluntly, that if I go back to MDI and my control goes back to
the way it was, I will mostly likely start to develop complications. He says
 this is nonsense! Plus, to him and to others, going back to the MDI and
pumping is nothing. To me, it's failure. A big failure, both for myself and
for the PCT who have put their faith in me!
So, should I give up? Or does anyone have any idea if this whole thing will
resolve itself? I'm feeling pretty fragile right now and need some sound
advice, maybe from someone who has been there and got through.
Sorry to moan.
Type 1 29+ yrs