[IPk] bg testing in schools

Hi ,

I would like to know if any of you have had any problems with schools about
bg testing. They seem very unwilling to allow Amy to conduct blood glucose
testing in the classroom and make her go to the medical room. Amy sometimes
finds it difficult to tell the difference from her highs and lows as she has
complained of feeling dizzy before and she has been very high. They also
send her along to the medical room with another pupil which I am not very
comfortable about. If I had diabetes I think I would be most upset if I was
made to go the medical room at work every time I felt the need to do a blood
glucose test. I suffer from mild Asthma, which I treat with an inhaler. If I
was a pupil at Amy's school I would be made to go to the medical room then
as well. I don't go to the medical room while I am at work, I have a quick
puff and I am on my way. This sounds a little bit like discrimination to me.
Every time she feels the need to do a bg test she loses valuble classroom
time in the process. It only takes approx 1 min to do a bg test, she has a
box in the classroom which has stuff in it for hypo's yet they make her go
to the medical room every time. Any suggetions?

Paul Hawkins dad to Amy aged 9 dx @6 not yet pumping and Thomas aged 9