Re: [IPk] cwd

I would be really worried if people in the UK were putting their
energies into fund raising to pay for supplies for children or anyone

I pay taxes so that children can get these supplies.  If more money is
needed (and I'm not convinced that it is), then there is a political,
not charitable process needed.

That is not to say that there is no room for charity in diabetes -
enabling patient-to-patient education and support (e.g. this group) and
international initiatives are both appropriate. Although I would also
want to argue that the NHS should be supporting this group.

Best wishes,

In message <000b01c3bd7e$488bb430$email @ redacted>, Joyce Jones
<email @ redacted> writes
>This link was sent to me today, I was wondering if there is a UK CWD
>that do the same thing. Thought it might be of interest to parents of
>children with D.
>1. Families struggling to pay for diabetes supplies can apply for
>short-term assistance from Supplies for Children with Diabetes, part
>of the Children with Diabetes Foundation.

Pat Reynolds
email @ redacted
   "It might look a bit messy now,
                    but just you come back in 500 years time"
   (T. Pratchett)