[IPk] Silhouettes v Quicksets

I've been reading with interest and some horror (Melissa's description of
the trauma imposed by the various set inserters). My son, who was 4 at the
time started off on the 6mm Quick Sets which we inserted manually. However
after some bad sets, our faith was shaken and we changed to the Silhouettes
which we again manually inserted. However, we found that the entry wound
left by the Silhouette would take anything up to 3 weeks to disappear (we
change sets every other day) & we found because of the length of the teflon
tubing, the area around the site that we then had to avoid was too large.
The upper outside quadrant of a slim 4/5yr olds bottom not being very large.
Does that make sense?   I preferred to be able to see the tube entering the
skin on the Silhouette but we still had a number of sets where the tube was
kinked under the skin and on many occasions it would fill with 'gunk'.
Mainly because of the scarring we went back to trying the Quick sets a few
weeks ago.  We're using the 9mm sets, recommended by our Medtronic nurse.
Yes, we've had some which have kinked slightly but psychologically I prefer
using the inserter and Sam is not as daunted by the needle size and I am
extremely proud to say that because of this we have been able to progress to
rotating sites round his thighs, bottom and this last week his tummy. I
really do think that especially in the early days it's important to feel as
comfortable as you can and if you need to try different sets so be it.
Melissa, I require some assurance that I'm not inflicting great damage by
using the inserter...please.

Sam's mum. Sam is now 6 and uses the Paradigm.