[IPk] Re: soooooo depressing

Hello all
On 07/12/03, Wildman, Julie (Harcourt Ed) speculated:

WJ(E> Our Consultant is great but he keeps dragging his heels over the pump
WJ(E> issue. He likes to 'just try this first' all the time.

I keep seeing this on this list, so, for anyone in the Greater Manchester area
(UK) still struggling to get NHS funding for pump therapy, I would suggest
getting a referral from your GP to the diabetes centre at St. Marys hospital.
Although I had considered a pump for myself, I had never really fought for one.
My consultant at St Marys suggested it, and despite being over budget, got one
for me (all funded).

It's a shame this kind of attitude isn't more common.

 As an aside, based on what I've read here, and the fact the IVF is easier to
on the NHS than potentially life saving medical equipment, and having a
background as a member orientated trade union representive (at a national
level), I'm seriously thinking about becomming actively involved in the
campaign - who do I contact?