From: Rhoda Martin [mailto:email @ redacted]
Sent: 07 December 2003 07:20
To: email @ redacted
Subject: Re: [IPk] soooooo depressing

Insulin Pumpers is made possible by your tax deductible contributions. Your
donation of $10, $25, or more... just $1 or $2 per month is
needed so that Insulin Pumpers can continue to serve you and the rest of the
diabetes community. Please visit:

Hi Julie,

 This may be off the ball-park but are you sure that Natasha doesn't have an
underlying infection ? Also  I would strongly suspect that thrush is present
is some form - thrives in high sugar, moist conditions!

 The pattern you're describing is what happens to me when I have an
infection out of control even if on antibiotics!  I increase my fluid intake
dramatically (water - as much as possible) to flush out the toxins and sugar
in the kidneys.

 It's a hard one to conquer. Also I find (as mentioned here earlier) that if
I take the extra boluses in smaller nos. - is it Bernstein  or some other
medic who finds boluses over 7 units harder to absorb and activate ! - and
also try and take it with some food (usually protein or low GI snack).

It's quite scary, I know, so you and Natasha have my sympathy.

 Have you asked the consultant to expedite it and put the request for
funding as a high priority? e.g. using faxes (seemingly an unusual method of
communication for medics at least in Lancashire!).

All the best

The information in this internet eMail is confidential and is intended
solely for the addressee(s). Access, copying, dissemination or re-use
of information in it by anyone else is unauthorised. Any views or opinions
presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent
those of Harcourt Education Limited or any of its affiliates.
If you are not the intended recipient please contact
Harcourt Education Limited, Oxford, +44 1865 311366.