From: Jackie Jacombs [mailto:email @ redacted]
Sent: 06 December 2003 23:32
To: email @ redacted
Subject: RE: [IPk] soooooo depressing

Insulin Pumpers is made possible by your tax deductible contributions. Your
donation of $10, $25, or more... just $1 or $2 per month is
needed so that Insulin Pumpers can continue to serve you and the rest of the
diabetes community. Please visit:

 Sorry to hear this. I hope you get it sorted out soon. Is there any
possiblity that you could pay for a pump and then continue with the quest
for funding?

I hope Natasha is feeling better soon.

What insulin regimen is Natasha using currently?

Mum of Sasha

> We are having a nightmare of a time at the moment with Natasha.  Her
> bg is very high, 25-33+ with ketones.  Have increased all insulins and
> she is currently taking nearly 30 units extra to what she was having
> last week.  We find that one week we are reducing everything because
> she is having a lot of hypos, the next minute we are putting it all
> back plus extra because she is too high.  Does anyone else have this
> problem??? She has also been given anti-sickness tabs to help with the
> constant nausea.
> Consultant has agreed to her having a pump but will not consider a
> trial until funding is in place.  She is being started on a 'halfway
> house regime', he is going to work out what insulin to give as extra
> to her current dose.  We have also got to have training to count carbs
> again, not really done this for years.
> Julie
> Tired and fed up mum of Natasha, 13ys, diagnosed at 9 mths

The information in this internet eMail is confidential and is intended
solely for the addressee(s). Access, copying, dissemination or re-use
of information in it by anyone else is unauthorised. Any views or opinions
presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent
those of Harcourt Education Limited or any of its affiliates.
If you are not the intended recipient please contact
Harcourt Education Limited, Oxford, +44 1865 311366.