[IPk] soooooo depressing

We are having a nightmare of a time at the moment with Natasha.  Her bg is
very high, 25-33+ with ketones.  Have increased all insulins and she is
currently taking nearly 30 units extra to what she was having last week.  We
find that one week we are reducing everything because she is having a lot of
hypos, the next minute we are putting it all back plus extra because she is
too high.  Does anyone else have this problem???
She has also been given anti-sickness tabs to help with the constant nausea.

Consultant has agreed to her having a pump but will not consider a trial
until funding is in place.  She is being started on a 'halfway house
regime', he is going to work out what insulin to give as extra to her
current dose.  We have also got to have training to count carbs again, not
really done this for years.
Tired and fed up mum of Natasha, 13ys, diagnosed at 9 mths

The information in this internet eMail is confidential and is intended
solely for the addressee(s). Access, copying, dissemination or re-use
of information in it by anyone else is unauthorised. Any views or opinions
presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent
those of Harcourt Education Limited or any of its affiliates.
If you are not the intended recipient please contact
Harcourt Education Limited, Oxford, +44 1865 311366.