Re: [IPk] Tried other sites...profuse bleeding!

On 5 Dec 2003 at 9:54, email @ redacted wrote:

> Question is, are there any similar sets with shorter needles? (I
> think as I am fairly slim the needles are just too long and brutal for
> me). I am getting sooooo fed up. Thanks to all those who have answered so
> far. It's been a great help. But no one seems to have these problems,
> which i can't understand. Why Me? OK, enough self pity. Off to test again.

Have you tried a metal needle yet? Emily tried teflon sets
first because she didn't like the thought of a metal needle
in her all the time but she had problems inserting them
because the needles are so big. She has since switched to
the Disetronic Rapid set, a 6mm, right angled metal needle,
and finds it much easier to use. It looks as small as the
5mm pen needles Emily used to use. They last 2 days rather
than 3 but they are so easy to change that it's not a
problem. I think the Rapid can be used with a Minimed pump
though they probably do a similar set?

Best wishes,
Mum to Emily aged 11, dx Oct '99
D-Tron Plus pump since 27th Oct,
Robert aged 13 dx Mar '03
Novomix 30 x 2 (+ Novorapid when hungry!),
and Matthew aged 8.