Re: [IPk] MRI Scan

Belated best wishes, John.

I think your therapist has something.  I was speaking to someone today,
about a change in the organization, and I said 'and when you are no
longer with Surrey County Council, it will make a smoother transfer' -
and he was shocked -  'is it that obvious that I want to leave!!!' I
explained that he would leave, retire, or die in post, and whichever it
was, he would no longer be in the job.  He really was shocked.  But it's
something which I think as a diabetic and as an archaeologist, I just
'know': we are all going to die [ok, if some religious beliefs are true,
we will not all die, some/all of us will get something else instead, but
it sure isn't going to be eternal service for Surrey County Council].

The mistletoe/pump/wearing a seatbelt/other measures we take to edge the
odds of a longer life, and better quality of life in our own favours
isn't a denial of the universal truth of death, but simply an
acknowledgement that life is a pretty good thing, and we'd like some
more, please.

>it's great to have someone paid to hear you
>ramble on about your thoughts and problems

Isn't it just!  I am paying for it (called a PhD), and I also get it
free through a thing called an 'Action Learning Set'.  This is a small
group  who have been trained in listening/questioning - we do 'it' for
our work problems and thoughts.  The ALS has, in particular, helped me
to realise while family and friends _are_ there to talk to, they all
have agendas and stakes in my decisions, and therefore talking with
'outsiders' has values which they cannot provide.

Best wishes,

Pat
(dm 30, 508 2+, has just discovered an engraving by Bruegel from the
1550s which I think has in it the fraction VIII/0 - a mathematical
equivalent of 'we are not in Kansas anymore').
--
Pat Reynolds
email @ redacted