RE: [IPk] taking the pump off for a night

Hi Jackie
I was just wondering if Sasha has always been OK about her injections. A
colleague of mine's son was diagnosed in April at the age of 4. She herself
is Type 1 and a fellow midwife and seems to be taking it in her stride. He
is on BD insulin and the struggle she describes to  give his insulin sounds
heartbreaking.i.e she has to pin him down on the floor-sometimes it takes
two of them. I can vaguely remember screaming and crying as a young child
but obviously don't remember at what age  it stopped. She accepts it and
just gets on with it but to me it sounds horrendous, I did suggest it might
be quicker and less painful with a syringe and needle rather than a pen and
she said she might try.
She was asking about a pump and I have given her the info I can, but he
would have to have many more injections to get there. She insists that she
runs his BG at or around 8-10 for fear of him going hypo and has been told
off by the clinic for that- I thought that was interesting as she being
forewarned and forarmed is obviously not always the best thing! Any
Carmel struggling witheverything now I am back at work!
PS Sorry I realise this is a bit off topic but I have tried emailing you off
list but it keeps sending the messages backbut