Re: [IPk] taking the pump off for a night

Hi jackie
I think Sasha would be fine disconnecting for 3 hours of gym. When I played
goalball I used to have a similar problem. Couldn't wear the pump because
it's a very physical game and there was nowhere safe to put it. Training was
usually 2 hours, so I'd disconnect for that time and then bolus a small
amount afterwards. For a tournament, which would last all day, I would
disconnect for each match and then reconnect between matches, and keep
testing and bolusing small amounts as necessary to cover the missing insulin.
If Sasha isn't taking much insulin, then it will be easier (I take between
30-45 units a day, depending what I am doing).