RE: [IPk] taking the pump off for a night

Jackie

Sasha wouldn't need to inject - just re-connect the pump.
Could she take a short break half way through to check blood
sugars, reconnect the pump and bolus accordingly?  When I ran
the half-marathon I kept connected to the pump (I am one of
the wierd people who's blood sugars almost alway rise during
exercise!) and stopped twice to check blood sugars and bolus
accordingly on the way round.  When I take the kids to the
beach I am always disconnecting and reconnecting.  I pretty
much leave it off now (avoids getting sand in it) and just
reconnect every couple of hours.  Very flexible.

Bev