RE: [IPk] taking the pump off for a night

Hi Bev

 Thanks, I am still in the process of trying to get a pump for Sasha and we may
be one step nearer as I
 have heard that the paediatric team at a hospital near us are having some pump
training in the very near
 future and our DSN says that we pretty much fit the NICE for receiving funding
(though our consultant
 still says not, and has told us he wont support us). Anyway I was asking about
taking a pump off for so
 long because of Sasha's gymnastics. This involves wrapping yourself around bars
and beams and basically
 most parts of your body come into contact with floor or equipment. Sasha does
not mind extra injections
 except the lunchtime one at school and that is because she has to leave her
friends and go and do the
 shot.. She is already having about 7 or 8 a day at the moment because we are
really using Insulatard in
 a similar way to Lantus and except for the morning snack, most other meals and
snacks need Novorapid to
 cover them. We did try Lantus by the way and had must worse results than with
NPH. Many more hypos and
hypers.  Certainly not a flat action for Sasha.

 I think if Sasha had a choice between a pump and carrying on gymnastics, the
gymnastics would win. The
 training sessions are nearly 3 hours. On Sunday this week we will be at the gym
from 11.00 am till
 4.30pm as the gym club are having an inter club competition. She wont be doing
gym all this time, as
 they will be taking turns and watching and there will be a lot of sitting
around waiting.