[IPk] BG meters and USB connection

BG meters, and computer connection. Silly technical question. Forgive me.
But do *all* meters still use a serial link? Do any meters use this newish
USB connection?

My parents (bless them!) have reached that age when they are looking to
reduce inheritence tax liability on their death. One method is to buy us 3
three children expensive presents, and this year it takes the form of new
computers. I've used an Apple Mac for years, and I find the latest Macs no
longer support serial connections. I've had to buy a serial-USB "converter"
box. I need it to download results from my Dex/Esprit BG meter, to backup
my Psion 3a, and to download photos from my digital camera (I know cameras
have USB connections these days, but when I bought one 4 years ago I didn't
have a computer with a USB connection)

So anyone know if BG meter companies are planning to abandon the serial
connection in the near future?

mailto:email @ redacted