Re: [IPk] converting mg/dl to mmol/l

> Can anybody help me? I cannot find something.I am sure I have been on a web
>site where you could convert mg/dl to mmol/l.Has any body seen this site?

Something on our Insulin Pumpers UK website that may help...

If you don't happen to be online at the time, dividing by 20 will do the
job accurately enough (considering the inaccuracy of our home BG meters).
To divide by 20, you knock off the last digit, and then divide by 2. I
think even I can do that without a calculator ;o)

If you want to be more accurate, divide by 18.

If you want to be impossibly fussy, the truer conversion number is
something like 18.02 - but I may be wrong there. Something to do with the
radioactive decay of carbon atoms, and the fact that most of the food we
eat comes from fairly freshly grown food, rather than from coal or oil.

mailto:email @ redacted