RE: [IPk] Medisense Optium

Hi Karen,

I have to agree with Jackie. Lifescan have two different software packages -
the one I use is the OneTouch Software which I think was aimed at the US
market but is still able to record the results in mmol .You can plot your
BGs in line graphs, histograms, pie charts, averages over each day of the
week, averages at specific times, BGs versus insulin taken etc. and even add
records of your food intake etc - there is even a summary report - showing
the various graphs. The software allows you to e-mail the reports as well -
which I find handy - it means I can e-mail all the reports to my DSN and
don't need to carry loads of paper to my appointment. Best of all the
software is free of charge - so you could have a look at it before deciding
to get the interface cable. The Ultra Meter is really easy to use - result
in 5 seconds and the strip sucks in the blood from the drop on your finger -
getting rid of the main variable in testing technique. You can also use your
arm for testing.

Adrian

>It would be cheaper to ditch the Medisense and get a Life Scan One Touch
Ultra
and their link interface
 cable which is only about ?10 pounds plus postage and packing.