From: email @ redacted [mailto:email @ redacted]On
Behalf Of Rae
Sent: 01 December 2003 03:52
To: email @ redacted
Subject: Re: [IPk] Re:Greetings from Down Under, and time zones...

Hi Mary

I recently crossed several time zones going from the UK to New York and back
  On the way there I extended the daily basal rate to include the extra 5hrs
and reset the pump that evening to reflect local time.

I did exactly the same on the way back but reduced rather than extended the
daily basal rate.  It seemed to work OK for me but a great many other
factors come into consideration.  If sitting on a plane for many hours you
will not have the usual amount of exercise and may find you will need extra
with meals.

Good luck

Rae

---