Re: [IPk] Re: fasting to fix basal rates etc - weirder still

Nanette wrote

"I actually need a *higher* basal if
fasting. In the last 3 weeks, the difference between fasting and eating
breakfast became even more pronounced, and because it seemed quite
absurd to lower my already low mid-morning basal rates (0.2),"

I have always had difficulty with the idea of fasting in trying to establish
basal rates. I know that my basal rate is higher when fasting. As a result, I
have set different rates for weekends and weekdays when I tend to sleep later
on weekends. I suspect the reason for this anomaly is that that bolused
 insulin when eating tends to last up to 4 hours for me, which is about the time
the next meal is due. I hope that this makes some sense.