Re: [IPk] Greetings from Down Under, and time zones...

Hi Mary
I travel a lot and last year did two trips with 8+ hour time differences. I
find that coming back, the best thing is to try to beat jetlag as quickly as
possible by keeping busy and staying awake the first day until normal bed time
(in UK time) no matter how tired I am. The quicker I beat the jetlag and get
my body back to Uk time, the quicker my Bg levels and basals etc go back to
normal. You can also try Melatonin tablets which are supposed to help you
regulate your body clock. You can't buy them in the UK but I think you cna in
Oz (you can in the US). However, they gave me a hangover type feeling in the
morning when I woke up, though they were effective in getting me to sleep at
the right time.
I also find that getting my BGs back to normal is much easier on the return
than on the way out.
enjoy the rest of your trip!
Di